1.1 Installation Prerequisites
For an installation on a Linux® variant operating system, the Moab Access
Portal has no outside dependencies or requirements.
If installing on an operating system other than Linux®, however, Moab Access Portal requires the following:
- A Java 1.5 compatiable JVM (Java Virtual Machine) installed and properly configured. You can check the
version of your JVM by running "java --version" at a command line.
(Popular and freely available
JVMs include Sun's JDK/SDK and
- A working JSP/servlet container that is compatible with at least the Servlet 2.2 and JSP
1.1 specifications and uses a Java 1.5 compliant SDK.
NOTE: Recommended containers include Tomcat, Jetty, WebSphere 5.1, BEA WebLogic, etc. Most of these containers can be integrated or run parallel with existing web server software (such as Apache).
- A running version of the Moab Workload Manager®
(5.2.0 or higher) running on the cluster head node(s).
- A Moab Workload Manager configuration that allows all non-privileged users to have
ADMIN4 access rights. To do this place the line ADMINCFG USERS=ALL in the moab.cfg file and restart Moab Workload Manager.
- A cluster head node that has SSH properly installed and configured along with users setup to use Moab Workload Manager (the users must have a correct environment and permissions to ensure they can access and execute all the Workload Manager client commands: showq, mjobctl, mrsvctl, etc.).