Follow these steps to upgrade an existing Moab Access Portal installation:
- Acquire the Access Portal distribution file (it is packaged in
- Extract the contents of the compressed tarball into a temporary directory.
- Stop the servlet container running the Access Portal web application.
- If your servlet container (i.e. Tomcat) extracts the contents of installed web
application WAR files inside of the webapps directory, delete the extracted files before
upgrading to avoid caching conflicts. (For Tomcat, remove the
- Run the "setup" script as a user with proper installation permissions.
- Be sure to enter in the config directory for the current installation when
prompted to. The setup script will automatically overwrite existing binaries,
but will leave your customized configuration files untouched.
- Restart the servlet container.